Game rulesBACK TO GAME
Before you can participate to this game, you need to be registered with Zweeler Ltd. Once registered for one of the games, you can play them all!!
After registration you can start creating your team(s). The teams can be submitted and changed until the start of the game on Tuesday 16 January 2018 1:30 hours.
You need to select 36 riders from 8 groups. For example, you may choose 3 riders from group A which exists from Greg Van Avermaet, Tom Dumoulin, Chris Froome, Alexander Kristoff, Nairo Quintana, Peter Sagan and Alejandro Valverde. A complete overview of how the riders are divided in the groups can be found here: riders. The total of riders per group can be found under the rules header of this page.
The riders which you select can score points for your team throughout the whole year. In total there are 63 races which count for this Fantasy Cycling Year Game. These races are divided between Tour and Classics. With both the Tour and Classics there are 3 categories. The Giro, Tour de France and Vuelta are category 1. Races like Tirreno-Adriatico, Critérium du Dauphiné and the Eneco Tour are in category 2 and the Dubai Tour and the Tour of Oman are category 3. With the Classics we also have 3 categories, for more details please check the calendar.
The total of points which you can earn in every category can be found below the header "Points". We will give you 2 examples: You selected Alejandro Valverde and Chris Froome for your team. When Valverde finishes 5th in the general classification of the Tour de France (Tour cat. 1) and Froome wins the Tour de France, you will receive 90 points for Valverde and 180 points for Froome.
Suppose you created a second team with Peter Sagan and Daniel Martin. In La Flèche Wallonne (Classics Cat. 2) Martin becomes 2nd and Sagan 23rd, in this case you will get 60 points for Martin and 0 points for Sagan. In the Classics Cat. 2 only the top 20 scores points for your team.
Moreover, you fill in the following predictions:
- Winner Giro d'Italia
- Winner Tour de France
- Winner Vuelta a España
The points for the extra predictions only count for the general classification and not for the Tour classification.
The riders are divided into groups and you can find them here below.
- group A: maximum 3
- group B: maximum 3
- group C: maximum 3
- group D: maximum 4
- group E: maximum 5
- group F: maximum 5
- group G: maximum 6
- group H: minimum 7 and maximum 36
The groups of the riders can be found through the link: riders
It is allowed to submit multiple teams per player. There is only 1 restriction: Different teams of the same participant need to differ by a minimum of 8 riders* from each other.
* The software will give a message when this rule is broken!It is not allowed to create more then 25 teams for this game.
With all unforeseen circumstances, Zweeler Ltd. will make a decision.
The points for the Tour categories are always the position in the final general classification of a tour.
|Stage Cat. 1||40||30||25||20||18||16||14||12||10||8||6||4||3||2||1|
|Tour Cat. 1||180||150||120||100||90||80||70||60||55||50||45||40||35||30||25||20||18||16||14||12||10||8||6||4||2|
|Stage Cat. 2||25||20||16||14||12||10||8||6||4||3||2||1|
|Tour Cat. 2||100||85||70||60||50||45||40||35||30||25||20||18||16||14||12||10||8||6||4||2|
|Stage Cat. 3||15||12||10||8||6||5||4||3||2||1|
|Tour Cat. 3||50||40||35||30||25||20||18||16||14||12||10||8||6||4||2|
|Classics Cat. 1||120||100||85||70||60||50||40||35||30||25||20||18||16||14||12||10||9||8||7||6||5||4||3||2||1|
|Classics Cat. 2||70||60||50||40||35||30||26||22||18||14||12||10||8||7||6||5||4||3||2||1|
|Classics Cat. 3||35||30||26||22||18||14||12||10||8||6||5||4||3||2||1|
|Winner Giro d'Italia||100|
|Winner Tour de France||100|
|Winner Vuelta a España||100|
For the Classics Classification the following races are included: all Classics Cat. 1, 2 and 3, as well as the road race during the World Championships. The time trial during the World Championships and European Championships do not count for the classics classification. For the Tour Classification the following races are included: All Tour Cat. 1, 2 and 3 and all Stage cat. 1, 2 and 3. The team time trials do not count in the Cycling Year Game!
The following prizes can be won in the game:
- The best sub leagues.
- The best teams in the Classics Classification.
- The best teams in the Tour Classification.
- The best teams in the general classification.
The prizes can be also found via this link: prizes.
When teams have an equal amount of points, the total of the prizes will be added up, and divided by the number of winners!! We will give a few examples to prevent discussions:
- 1 Marco and Tom 25 points
- 3 Martin 15 points
Marco en Tom share the 1st and 2nd prize together, and Martin will get the 3rd prize
- 1 Simon 25 points
- 2 Servee, Eddy, Michel, Bram 20 points
- 6 Peter 18 points
Simon gets the 1st prize, and Servee, Eddy, Michel and Bram share the 2nd and 3rd prize!! And Peter has bad luck!!
The prizes will be added to your account when the final results are published.
The races which count for the Fantasy Cycling Year Game can be found by following this link: calendar
You can join a sub league, or create a sub league yourself, to play together with friends, family or colleagues. The following rules/prizes apply:
- You have to be registered with Zweeler Ltd, otherwise it is not possible to create or join a sub league.
- A password is always needed to join a sub league, or you need to set a password to create a sub league.
- When your sub league has 5 or more members with a maximum of 10 players, then your sub league participates in the best sub league classification. The best 5 teams in every sub league are added up, and then a classification is made.
- When a player submits multiple teams, only the best team will count for the sub league classification. Only with your best team you can win a sub league prize.
- The prizes for the best sub league classification can be found on the prizes overview. When teams end on the same position, the prizes are shared as described in the paragraph about the prizes.
- The 5 best teams in the winning sub league will win the prize. For example: If your team is part of the winning sub league and ranked with the top 5 in the sub league, you win 100 euro divided by 5, is 20 euro.
- A player needs to have 1 paid team when the game started, otherwise this player won't count to get the minimum of 5 team members to participate in the best sub league prizes.
- A player is allowed to have no more than 1 account on his name.
- When the organization finds out that double accounts are being created, you will be disqualified; your account will be removed, and denied participation in all games that are organized by Zweeler Ltd.
- It is not possible for a player to join in more than one sub league.
- After the start of the game, it won't be possible anymore to join, leave or create a sub league.
The costs per team are € 10.00.
There are different ways to deposit money on your account to pay your team(s). You can use our payment providers like Ideal, Direct Banking, bank transfer, paypal or Credit Card. Please make sure you have enough money to pay your teams, because your team can not participate if it is not paid when the game starts.
If you pay through Paypal, Credit card, Ideal or Direct banking you are account will be credited within a few minutes. With a bank transfer this could take 4 to 5 days and sometimes even longer. If you use a bank transfer please be on time, this will make sure you won’t be disappointed.
Should there be any discrepancy between the game rules in the English language version and the version in any other language, the English version will supersede.
If something is not clear, please send us an email on the following address: email@example.com